Stand on Grace, walk by Faith, Live in Love, Grace and Peace be your in abundance. 1 Peter 1:2

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Crash and Burn

After dinner Anna joined me on my little 5K route .  It was special to trott along at a even pace with each other and talk some.  I was pleased as punch to show her what I thought was a pretty little route.  It has a few nice hills.  Some warmer uppers and a big 3/10 of mile up hill.  At the top I felt a little  victorious!!   I didn't feel spent!!  I turned to clap and cheer Anna up the rest of the hill!!  She smiles big and takes in the achievement just like I did!!  I turned, we joined side by side in even cadence.  Then I drug my left foot and caught the sidewalk crack and down I went!!  Left side, left pinky snap!!  Roll in the sand burs!!  "Are you okay?, Anna asked".  No I replied and laid there for five seconds rolled over and got up!!  I didn't want a road side rescue!!  How embarrassing!!   I got a nice little road rash on the elbow, knee and left palm but took off the moment I stood up!!  Headed home recovering what little pride I had left!!  Finished!!  5K and with the best running partner, Anna!!  AND I didn't lose any time!!!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Oh no. I hope you are OK...