Stand on Grace, walk by Faith, Live in Love, Grace and Peace be your in abundance. 1 Peter 1:2

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Race The Rum 5K Finisher

I bring a photographer to all my running  [a..hmmmm yogging] events.  Doing a 5K is a feat for me and it's blog worthy. Webster states it's Bold and Daring!  How else should I put a emphasis on mid life? [no crisis just mid life]
Dancing to THRILLER.
I'm standing between two fast dudes.  One being my cousins son, Andrew F and the other the fastest in town, Sam W.  John said he finished first without a ruffle or breaking a sweat.  It was just crazy!!  The whole running crowd just buzzed right by me!  The breeze was much appreciated!
Marilyn F.saw me finishing and joined in to cheer me on !  Love that kind of company!  Oh fe fon I was over heated.  I wasn't sweating, my head felt like a torched turnip, I was about to sputter and didn't care what my time was.  I'm a finisher!!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Marilyn Bergloff said...

You did great, girl!!!! You can be so proud of yourself, we sure are!!!

Anne said...

Congrats!!

Jen :) said...

Congrats on finishing! Yesterday was a tough day to run, especially for someone used to running around dawn. Way to go, Carla!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Carla our sweet niece, you are awesome. Andrew told me you were running what a trouper. Let us know when you are going to run Grandma's in Duluth we will be there. Auntie Karyn

berihash said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Anne said...

There you go Carla - we'll continue to train and we'll run Grandma's together one year!!

FamilyBergloff said...

FYI: It was 84 degrees and humid. I do not like heat. Maybe half the run in full sun!!

Sarah said...

Yay! Way to go!

Sarah said...

Yay! Way to go!