Stand on Grace, walk by Faith, Live in Love, Grace and Peace be your in abundance. 1 Peter 1:2

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Willkommen In Deutschland

I have finally caught up on some sleep. Simon said
I was up 35 hours before I went to sleep.

My flight from Mpls was changed as Paul called me early in the morning and said the other flight is full.
He told me to hurry and try to catch the 8:40 flight. Jeff Reiners was my ride to the airport! He was
quick and I arrived just in time. Paul met me at
the door and we zipped through security. Paul
took care of the bookings and I made the early flight to Detroit. Although delayed some for de-
icing I still arrived extra early to Detroit. It was lunchtime and I headed to Chili's for a burger. I met a lady on her way to California and invited her to sit with me for lunch and we chatted for two hours! I still had 3 1/2 hours to wait. I rode first class to Germany!!!! The best way to fly! I was an idiot as I didn't understand why they gave me a rolled up something with tongs!! OH!! It was a hot wet washtowel. You wash up and freshen up before dinner!! My seat partner is a opera singer in Cologne. There is so much to tell you but I must save it for another time. My arrival to Frankfurt was greeted by the Kohl family with this sign and flowers and hugs!! They are the most wonderful people! Treated so well!!! I am very in love with Germany!! I love each one of them!! Paul, my son, will meet me here the 30th! Again, so much to tell and will post blogs later. In the photo left to right are Simon, Anna, Janis in back and Nozomu and my little buddy Maria in front holding flowers!

2 comments:

Marilyn Bergloff said...

Hi Caral,

This ones is Bopa Doug dictating to me, as I type!!!!

Glad you are having a good time in Germany, Carla. I am praying for save trips and wonderful visit. See you went you get back to the STATES.
Love ya-Doug

FamilyBergloff said...

Thank you very much!!! It is such a gift to be here!!!