Stand on Grace, walk by Faith, Live in Love, Grace and Peace be your in abundance. 1 Peter 1:2

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Arthur Blank said....

"I run because it's so symbolic of life.  You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles.  You might feel that you can't. But then you find your inner strength, and realize you're capable of so much more than you thought."

Capable...
Strength...
Overcome....

Tonight's little run was so tough!!  I only made it 1.9 tonight.  Legs were heavy, I was feeling overheated and I had to call it good for the night.  ARHHG!!  I just want to glean all the info I can from my family and friends who run.  What obstacles do they encounter?  Any newbies out there?  What do you experience?
By the way... I am seeing more mentions of COUCH TO 5K this past week!  One is offered by our Wellness or Be Fit program but they are doing it in 6 weeks!!  I am so glad I am in my 7th week!!  I will do my 5K the end of week 8.  I have it all behind me and yet I am still working through it.  I'll keep those three words on my lips!!!

Capable!!!!  Strength!!!  Overcome!!!

2 comments:

TeamSabin said...

You go girl!
Hard work, determination and discipline.
The running is about YOU.....not the race.
The journey BEGINS with putting on those tennie-runners and going out that front door...then, your world is forever changed!
Hugs!

joanpunky1 said...

hang in there Carla! I know you can do it! we're so proud of you!
Love-