Stand on Grace, walk by Faith, Live in Love, Grace and Peace be your in abundance. 1 Peter 1:2

Monday, April 23, 2012

Couch to 5K

Here's a story about Carla!  Last year John's cousin, Jen, had remarkable transformation! She took the C25K [couch to 5K] challenge.  Inspired and encouraged I decided to go for it.  On my birthday this year my dear cousin Denise took me on my first run...gasp...cough... sputter..
I thought I could work through it and keep going.  It was difficult and I knew I was in for some dedication and determination. My weekly assignments were doable.  I etched out on paper everything I did and I am keeping track of progress.  I'm following program.  I am making strides.  I am happy with my efforts and try not to hasten the process.  I am able to finish 2.2 miles with effort and ease.  Hard the first mile and then settle into a stride :) that keeps me going.  So here's the unveiling!!  Here's to putting myself out there... because I'm afraid I'll believe that I can't do this and I wasn't made to run.  But I can't give up because this ISN'T impossible.  I am going to make hard work pay off!!  In two weeks I will share my finish line story with you!  So in the mean time if I can get a prayer chain going and a cheer now and then I will be so grateful!  Really!  It's a big deal to me because I can't let go of the work I have put into this so I am going to go further!  I'm going to prove to myself that 5K's are for anyone!  I'm going to shoot for other events.  Put one foot in front of the other and finish the race!!

4 comments:

FamilyBergloff said...

Today is a red lobster face day!! I end my run before my designated 2.2 or 2.5 mile goal. My legs are heavy and it feels 110 degrees outside. It's only 72. I'm giving up... I lay on the ground in front of the fan. I'm going to run what in a week and a half?

Marilyn Bergloff said...

We all have our days that are just darn right ugly. Don't give up, Carla. Remember, itis possible, you can do it. Just pick yourself up, and tomorrow you try again for your 2.2. At least you were not sitting on the couch!!!! I believe in you and I will lift you up in prayer for determination. Love ya!!! See ya at the finish line!!!!

Anne said...

I was just looking at this program...online - I've been contemplating doing it. I told Chad once I get new running shoes - this is my goal!! :) I will look to you Cousin Carla for inspiration

berihash said...

Keep on truckin' Where/When is the 5K you are planning on....maybe we could come in person to cheer you on.