Stand on Grace, walk by Faith, Live in Love, Grace and Peace be your in abundance. 1 Peter 1:2

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Quilt

This quilt has been in the making for 10 years? Honestly! I cut down men's shirts and slacks and sewed strips together. These strips stored for 6 years before I gave up! I was realizing I needed to move on from projects bigger then my ability! This was one of them. I dumped off the goods onto a friend. This friend returned the top finished and said it belonged to me!! I was excited to finish this quilt...somehow. It has taken me 2 more years to have it finished!
The finish work was done by a wonderful lady! She's gifted and full of love! I mention this because quilts are made with love by whomever stitches them together. This beautiful lady shared how the quilt came together for her. Some trials and some friends to help. It was "framed" onto straight back kitchen chairs just like the olden days. She tied my quilt, stitched the back and binding. All done in a couple weeks time. When I picked up my quilt tonight I was met with a friends welcome and we chatted our hearts out! She was plainly speaking with a heart full of love! I hope I gave her the impression that this quilt is all I had planned it would be and because of her spirit today it was received with love. I hardly know this lady but after our visit I felt as though we have been friends! Quilts are given to those who are much loved. When someone receives a quilt there is always a breath caught and wrapped around their heart. I will be reminded daily of the greatest gift this quilt represents.
LOVE
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Marilyn Bergloff said...

Yea, it is done!!! Oh Carla, I am so excited for you. And I can't wait to see this quilt in person. You are such a beautiful person to share the story of this quilt. I am excited for you. Nicely done!!!

joanpunky1 said...

Beautiful quilt, Carla! it looks like it was well worth the wait!
It will keep you warm for many years to come!

heidi said...

It's beautiful Carla!