Stand on Grace, walk by Faith, Live in Love, Grace and Peace be your in abundance. 1 Peter 1:2

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Saturday Drive

Nestled below the church is the cemetery that my Grandparents were laid to rest. I have looked at the hillside knowing it was "over there" for that is my only memory. Dad was reminiscing his growing up places. He said he wanted to see the area one more time. Today we drove the back gravel road slowly. The colors and the country was beautiful. Passing his farm home slowly I heard tales of Uncle Bob driving his old Model A into the creek. Pointing out the shed that still stands that Dad and Uncle Bob built and the home that is tucked under big white pines. If only I could see his memories.


We took the loop around the Church he grew up in. He shared that he had his first job helping a crew put up the Swedish bell tower. He was the brick layers attendent. He showed me where his Dad and Mom were buried. We drove to the top of the hill and looked out over the land. It was a wonderful drive. I love to hear Dad tell the old stories.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

TeamSabin said...

Wish I was in on that car drive with you two!
Fun!