Stand on Grace, walk by Faith, Live in Love, Grace and Peace be your in abundance. 1 Peter 1:2

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Reunion in Alvdalen

 We met our first group of family in Alvdalen.  We talked, connected, poured over photos and family tree bulletin board.   This is Lena and her mother Gerda.  Gerda knows so much about the family!!!  I was really excited to visit with her!!  It was such a gift to connect with her!!  
Rhonda receiving her gift from Gerda, Marta and Ulla Brit. It is a print of a traditionally dressed girl from "our" area Alvdalen.  The girl has a fiancé presenting her a gift he has made for her.   I wish I could write eloquently my feelings here.  Truly special!!  I could wish I was not so far from them for this reunion to continue!!
We had lunch together!!  Ivan toasted the hostess and the cooks.  I got up and expressed how thankful we were to meet our family in Sweden.  We are daughters of a special family in America.  Representing Walter Olson's heritage and that we treasure our families and we hope to continue a relationship with our swedish family!!  Of course I cried!!  But I had others feeling what my words could not say.  I look down the table and see I'm not alone!!
The three ladies in front gift us this print for each of us!!
Rolland and Susanne Graf.  These two and cousin Lena Egardt joined us at the stuga in the evening for fiddle, guitar and song and dancing!!!
Denise with Gerda and Lena

No comments: