Stand on Grace, walk by Faith, Live in Love, Grace and Peace be your in abundance. 1 Peter 1:2

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Riksspelman Lena

Lena is Sweden's national pride!!  She had received the Badge of Mastery for Swedish Folk musicians.  The honor is bestowed a silver or gold Zorn badge. It is awarded annually by the Zorn jury- panel of experts.
The silver badge is the highest award attainable for musicians who play before the Zorn jury. The gold badge cannot be sought but reserved for one or two master musicians pre selected  by the jury.

Lena has been given the gold badge.  She is also kulnengen.  If I wrote that properly then I will seem like I know my stuff.  Google kluging or better yet youtube it!!!  I wish I could have more time with Lena to learn more about this kulning.  From what I read about kulning that the cows would come down from the mountain pastures when this high vocal singing was heard.  I even read that the cow bells were tuned as such to recognize your herd.  Kulning was mostly done by the women.

And all night we were requesting songs from the beetles and down to the river to pray and I'll fly away!
I tried downloading a video of a waltz she was playing and Deb and Heidi dancing.  But... the upload was not working!  Just imagine how much fun we had and google her music and play some.  Better yet!! Buy some!!  
The view we had from the stuga.  We are told we come from a very special region and can claim our roots from Alvdalen!!  They have their own language and traditions.  I have so much to learn about my family history!!  I will be grasping for more stories and truths.  I will be pressing hard into the historians of the family!  I want to hear it all!!

Lena is also a teacher in Elfdalnian or Alvdanska.  Again, I hope that I am putting this down correctly.  

No comments: